Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The End of the Dream

I have been trying to write this for days, but just couldn’t stop crying long enough to do it. The man I love has left me. I am shattered – hurt beyond words, pain that seems unending. I thought that I had finally found my soul mate – the person I would spend the rest of my life with. He promised to never hurt me – that I would never be alone again – that he would love me forever. And so many more promises that, in the end, he broke. I was willing to give up my life here, my career with the University, all or most of my possessions, and my country to immigrate so that we could be together. In the end, he wasn’t willing to undergo the pain of disassembling a 32-year marriage that he told me over and over made him unhappy and unfulfilled. So he left me – blindsided me with a “dear Jane” email, after texting me 6 hours earlier to tell me how much he loved me and couldn’t wait to be with me for New Year’s in Las Vegas. Needless to say, he left me with a huge hole in my life, a pit in my stomach that won’t go away, and more tears than I thought I had in me.

I still want to believe in miracles – I still want to believe that life has good things in store for me, and that I can achieve my goals. But right now, all I can see is loneliness, darkness, and pain. I don’t know how I can ever trust anyone again. I don’t know how I can take the risk of being hurt like this again. And please don’t tell me that time heals all wounds. It doesn’t heal ALL wounds. It helps, but it may not really be able to bring me back to the person I was before this happened. I was a vibrant, loving, giving person, willing to give my heart. I think that person is gone for good. I don’t know who or what will emerge. Only time will tell.

6 comments:

  1. OH KATHY!!!! ((((HUGS)))) Sweetheart! You deserve something soo much better than empty promises! I love ya girl! Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers and if you need anything (to talk or whatever) you just say the word!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I feel for you. The pain you are feeling is real, and never really goes away, but it does get better in time. It probably won't help, but any man willing to cheat on his wife, will eventually cheat on you too... And almost never do they "leave my wife" for you. Basically, even though it doesn't feel like it, it may have been for the best.

    I'm not trying to trivialize your pain, as it is real, I know, I've been there. And the feeling of never trusting again... well, I know that feeling too. So all I can say or do is to continue to be a "new friend" on twitter. My best and *big hugs* to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing anyone can say at this point that will really make it better at this point, I know. But please know that you're very much in my thoughts, and I'm sending warm, comforting energy in your general direction, to be used or discarded as you see fit.

    I am deeply saddened by what you're going through - as an empath, I can sense a faint echo of what you're enduring, and it's heartbreaking. You are a wonderfully creative, vital and strong woman. You WILL get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy I am so sorry honey! I know it hurts now, but it will hurt him worse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. I do not know how long you knew him but it seems that he was not for you. Miracles CAN happen, I met Terri (will be 9 years next month) online and we have been very good for each other even though neither of us can move right now.
    I have been commuting on holidays.
    You seem very nice and I am sure that you can meet someone, hopefully soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete